lundi 13 avril 2009

How I see myself

The following images are self portraits, some people call them journal quilts.



This one is the reproduction on fabric of the photo of myself taken along the Semois river












This photo printed on fabric was taken in Antulang in the Negros Oriental in the Philppines.
The sand on my feet comes from that wonderful place.
















After the winter, the sun starts to shine and me too.
The embroidered grass is made following the loose bobbin tension technique, learned from the encyclopedia of machine embroidery from Val Holmes.








It is my first journal quilt. I hate winter. What can you do, you can just sit near the fire. Even if you want to look outside yor nose in in front of the fog.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire